The revenue for ad monetization is based on the level of engagement of your users with ads in your app. Every time a user clicks on an ad or installs an app from an ad that your app is showing, you will earn some revenue.
If your revenue is zero or very low, this means that almost none of your users have interacted with the ads showing. If your account is showing impressions and clicks, you should simply increase the click count by sending more traffic as this will, statistically, increase your revenue in the near future.
There can also be different technical issues that need to be checked if your revenue is zero.
- Are you seeing ads in your app?
- YES- skip to step 2
- N0- this could be due to an integration problem. Be sure to contact our support team with this issue. Please provide your main activity file or app delegate and mention which SDK version you are using.
- Are impressions being counted in your account? Be sure to wait at least 2 hours since the first StartApp ad you saw in your app.
- YES- there are no technical errors as our system is getting ad information from your app. Your revenue is still $0 because the number of impressions and clicks is still low and had not generated enough user engagement to generate revenue.
- NO- check the app ID implemented in your code. The app ID is the only variable that connects your app to our system.
The app ID in the init line seen below should match the app ID provided in the portal and related to the app package you are currently checking.
StartAppSDK.init(this, "Your App ID", true);
To find your application ID, click on the "My Apps" tab on the left pane and choose the relevant ID from your app list:
If you app ID is correct and you are seeing ads in your app and at least 2 hours had passed since the first impression be sure to contact our support team with this issue. Please provide your main activity file or app delegate and mention which SDK version you are using.
If none of these steps were helpful, be sure to contact our support team.